Sunday, January 23, 2011

When Did It Really Go Wrong?

I woke up this morning in a haze (after completing a 580 mile road trip at 2 this morning) and flipped on my television. There was some local Sunday morning political talk show on. I don't recall the channel or program or even the name of the host or guest (remember I was in a haze). I do recall the representative was a Republican from Colorado.


He kept stating that the people (I assume he meant you and me) have become angry over the last two years. Every chance he got, he mentioned the last two years as when "we the people" became angry. I have noticed the Republican party as a whole seems to be doing this. I guess we are just supposed to forget about the 8+ years previous to that since everything up until two years ago was peachy keen.


I'm a little concerned that our leaders (not just the Republicans) play it pretty fast and loose with the finger-pointing, blaming and facts. Anything that goes wrong is quickly propagandized by spin doctors and thrown at the other party like a grenade.

When and how did this type of behavior not only become acceptable but the de facto method of "debate" by our leaders? Our Leaders? Aren't Leaders supposed to set the example? Should we be teaching our children this method of dispute resolution?

Either politicians took their cue from the playground, or the playground has taken its' cue from politics. Because apparently whomever is the meanest, nastiest liar on the "playground" wins. In Grade school we just called them BULLIES!

Why has Washington turned into a pack of bullies? Why do we let them keep getting away with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment